Please keep in mind that while on-campus hall/apartment opening dates are fairly universal for all undergraduate students; move-out dates are governed by your final exams. Students MUST vacate their rooms 24 hours after their last exam. Permission to stay longer than 24 hours after a student’s last exam must be approved by the Office of Residence Life and Housing.
Non-graduating seniors must be moved and checked out of their residences by Thursday, May 4, 2017 at noon.
Graduating seniors have until 2 PM on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 to check out.
The Residence Life and Housing staff is anxious to assist students in leaving their room/apartment in good condition in order to decrease the possibility that they are billed for cleaning and/or damages. A self inspection of one’s room/apartment is the first step in achieving these objectives. The inspection that will determine cleaning and/or damage charges will take place after a student has completely moved out, by a Residence Life and Housing staff member.
Traditional Checkout involves you (the student) signing up for an appointment with an RA in your building, and having that RA walk through your room with you prior to departure.
Traditional Checkout is a more thorough process. Choose this option if:
- you do not feel comfortable with the condition of your room;
- your roommate has not yet departed and you're not sure if s/he will clean the room before s/he leaves;
- there are questionable damages to the room;
- furniture is missing;
- you have questions about charges that may be billed.
- you want an RA to assess the condition of your room prior to your departure;
- you would like an opportunity to fix any problems found before you check out.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Building RAs will post a schedule of available times for Traditional Checkouts.
- Decide on when you're leaving and sign up for a checkout time. Checkouts may take up to 30 minutes, so please take this into consideration when making your travel plans.
- Thoroughly clean your space, and pack and remove your belongings from your room before your appointment time.
- Contact the RA at your scheduled appointment time.
- Walk through your room with the RA; s/he may indicate areas of your room that may need extra cleaning, or is likely to be assessed damage charges.
- Turn in your keys to the staff member.
Express Checkout is the quicker of the two checkout processes. Choose this option if:
- you feel your room is in "good condition" (as outlined here);
- you are leaving between midnight - 8 AM;
- you are comfortable with waiving your opportunity to appeal any damage charges.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Your RA will give instructions on where to obtain an Express Checkout envelope.
- COMPLETELY fill out the envelope and read all the information on the back.
- Pack and remove all your belongings from the room.
- Once you have finished packing and are ready to go, lock your door, and place your keys inside the envelope and seal it.
- Turn in the sealed envelope to the designated Express Checkout drop-off location for your building.
- Enjoy your summer!